Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Story Planning: What Goes Around...

Bibliography
The Sacred Tales of India. Link to reading.
Author: D. N. Neogi

The divine brothers

7 wives - i could make it about 7 sisters instead of wives or 7 anything really. I’m not sure how much i want to change it yet
wishes
6 wish for days at their father’s, 7th and youngest states that she doesn’t have a father’s house to go to
I’ll probably change what the first 6 wish for to something like money or something else materialistic. then I’ll also change the 7th’s wish to something less shallow
I will follow the plot in that the 7th person’s wish will come true
or i could focus on the fish the wife in the original caught and how they were actually divine serpents. i could re do that part but i think I’m going to pick one or the other
came to her as “brothers” - to be loyal to her for she nourished them before (how sweet) want to keep

I am pretty sure I will make my story about 7 sisters of all different ages instead of the 7 wives. The first six will wish for things like money, a rich man, beauty, eternal youth, stuff like that. I’m not sure what I want the 7th to wish for exactly, but it’s going to be more meaningful and less shallow than her sisters. Then I will make whatever wish she has come true in some similar way as the original, because I then also want to incorporate her wish coming back to her like the serpents did as brothers to love her. I don’t really believe in “karma”, but I do in the sense that what you give out will make its way back to you. So I want to display that by the youngest sister being more mature and gracious, and her being “rewarded” for it.

Wishing Well. Image source: Pinterest.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Emma! You've already visited my page, so at this point, I'm sure you recognize that I'm all about planning! I think that planning out your story is always the best (and easiest) way to go. I haven't read Neogi's sacred tales of india, but your story sounds very well thought out and super interesting! Can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having not read the original story yet I am having a little trouble actually picturing what the story will look like. But the beauty of this class is the only limit on what you can write about is your own imagination. I can definitely tell that you have a pretty good plan as to what you're going to write about and I can't wait to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma, I think that the ideas that you are putting out will become great stories. I like your ideas and I am excited to see how you can expand the stories into something new. I think that turning the seven wives into seven sisters could turn out really good and that you are on a good route to making it an awesome story. Great job.

    ReplyDelete