Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 8 Reflections

I think my note taking strategies have really worked for me thus far in the course. After getting a bit behind from being sick, it took some time to get back on track. Now I have designated times and places where/when I do my work for this class and it works great! It has really helped keeping a time schedule and knowing what time I need to dedicate to the work in here.

I am fairly happy with the writing I have done in this class. I am not the best writer, and of course there can always be improvements. But I think overall, I have done well and I am proud of the work I've done! I have learned I definitely enjoy writing my own stories much more than I enjoy academic writing like book reports or research papers. And I think because of this, my writing is better!

As far as other people, I really enjoy reading my classmates stories. I love seeing how we all interpret things differently, and how our creativity comes out in different ways as well. I think I have given helpful feedback to others, and I hope that my comments have helped them in some way!

Ramayana. Image Source: LankanDestinations.

2 comments:

  1. I think my favorite part about this class is reading about how each one of us gets a different concept, idea, lesson from the stories we read. I like reflecting on what I think of a story, and then reading on the same story written by someone else. It’s so different and unique from what we individually interpret, but such a great way to broaden our thoughts on a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad you’re back on track with this class, and have found a schedule for yourself! I’ve read your stories, and your storytelling is great. Don’t doubt or second-guess your skills :D Even the best writers have room for improvement! Anyway, keep up the good work, and I can’t wait to read what other stories you come up with this semester!

    ReplyDelete