Thursday, February 23, 2017

Story Planning: The Time Has Come



Okay, so I have decided that I want to write a story mirroring the story of Bhishma and his death.

There will be some major differences -

I haven’t decided characters exactly, but I will make it a family or group of friends in the situation. Either a grandmother or a mother or father or brother or friend — someone will be suffering from cancer (type undecided as well). I have in my mind that the doctor has previously told the family that said family member would have only lived a year since they were diagnosed, but it has been 5 years.

Obviously another difference is that this person will not have the choice of when to die like Bhishma did.

But it will be similar in that the individual is ready to go. They are prepared and ready to be in Heaven with God.

It will be similar in that they will be giving advice to their family/friends. (probably have to be a parent or grandparent just to ensure sound and wise advice. a very young adult would not have all the knowledge that an adult would have obviously. and thats a main point of the story is the departure and the valuable things taken from it by the person’s loved ones)

obviously, i do not want to focus on the actual death of the person at all, but I will probably end it with the peaceful passing of the individual, and how everyone felt about it. (which will be sorrowful, but also peaceful and content knowing what an amazing life he/she lived)


My version of the story will be more emotional and connected than the original. I wanted to do a planning post instead of the actual story, because I really want to work hard on this one and make it good. I will probably start working on it this weekend. Usually I dislike writing, but I am actually excited to see what I can do with this!

Bibliography
PDE Mahabharata. Link to reading.

Family. Image Source: TheOdysseyOnline.

I chose this picture because I want my story to be more about love and cherishing family, then focusing on the negative things in life.

3 comments:

  1. Emma, I always believe that one's best work / writing occurs when the inspiration and excitement is present. It sure sounds like you are very excited about writing this story and I look forward to reading it soon. I enjoy reading stories that has true emotion and connection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma, I think that your plan to create this story can lead you to writing a great story. I think that the ideas that you have behind it are great and that your story of Bhisma will lead you to overall a great story. I love that you are wanting to make it more emotionally connected to family rather than a bit more distant like the story shows. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emma,
    Having already read the story and then being able to see your thoughts going into planning it has been so interesting! You definitely put in the hard work since the beginning and it definitely showed the week after. I like how you planned each character, what you wanted to present, and how you were going to do so. Your story was definitely focused on the elements you presented here, such as "focusing on family". Nice work!

    ReplyDelete