Monday, February 6, 2017

Famous Last Words: Surviving Sickness

Okay... So just a little background on my week... Well the first week of classes I ended up in the hospital (for an unknown reason because of abdominal pains). Ever since then, I can't seem to get rid of viruses!
First of all, I never get sick. I am one of the healthiest people you'll meet! But this week I felt bad one day, woke up the next day with a horrible stomach flu. The day after that I woke up with no voice at all! Now it has moved down into my chest into a chest cold...
Needless to say the last couple weeks have been rough, and I have actually fallen behind on this course. I am working on planning out my weeks so that I can get fully caught up on everything.
My reading this past week went well I got some good ideas and enjoyed the stories, but never got to write my own story or complete the second part of the writing. This week is definitely going to be a game of catch up in all my classes. And not the fun kind of game...

One of my favorite parts of this course is getting to read other people's writing. I have never been good at writing, but it's so fascinating to me! I love seeing other people's creativity because I have very little of it! Haha. It is cool how every one has different emotional connections to different things and stories so all the ways that we make ties to create new stories in this process makes every one of our stories so unique and original.

I am excited to get back on track and caught up so that I can really focus on all this course has to offer!
Sick Puppy. Image Source: Clipartfest.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Emma, what a rough start to the semester! But listen, you have already seen how an online course like this is super-flexible, so no worries at all. If you need to focus on getting caught up in your other classes, that's fine: there are many more weeks left in the semester, and in this class you can just go with the flow, and make up missing things with extra credit anytime in the future. I hope you will be feeling better: Spring is coming, and that means longer days and more sunshine, which always helps (at least for me!)
    And it is so true about each person's creativity going in its own direction. The projects are starting to take shape now, and when those get going, both the portfolios and the storybooks, it is so great because people are sharing their best writing and using the feedback to make it even better. I'm going to have so much fun this week seeing what ideas people are pondering as I read through the topics emails! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m right there with you on the catch up game. I got sick around when everyone was either sick with the flu, or a really bad cold, or something completely random. It was awful. However, it really tested my patience and dedication. I finally feel somewhat caught up in my classes. It’s been a rough semester for sure, but still a good one! Hope you’re much better now, as well!

    ReplyDelete