Sunday, January 22, 2017

Growth Mindset

I really enjoyed learning about the growth mindset through this lesson. I had never heard of Carol Dweck or the growth mindset before, so this was all new information to me. I loved how Carol described the grade of "not yet", and how instead of receiving a failing grade, a grade of not yet reassures a person that they are on their way to success. Growing up an athlete, I know how important this is. I was constantly learning new skills, which meant also constantly 'failing' to perfect them at first. I would have been so discouraged if every time I didn't hit a skill perfectly, I was told I failed. So it is strange how we don't feel the same way about kids in school.
The growth mindset is something I am interested in, and I think will come in handy throughout the rest of the semester. I am in some classes that will be very challenging for me, and having a positive attitude when it comes to my grades in those courses will help me to be successful.

The higher you climb, the more you can see. Blogspot.

No comments:

Post a Comment