Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Reading Notes: Public Domain Ramayana A

i could switch up the roles and make Dasharatha’s sons into 4 daughters.
i could make the horrible woman Thataka a man (again switching roles) making the battle seem more intimidating, but then the 4 princesses defeat the horrible man
I could make Gautama curse Ahalya to cat or another animal so that she is still alive but can’t communicate to anyone. ( i would say a worse curse than being a rock because at least you’re a rock and can’t have thoughts or feelings )
I really liked the poem about Ahalya, I’m not sure what I want to do with it, but I definitely want to put a focus on it in some way 
I love the story of Rama and Sita, I might change up the ended of the scene where Rama tells her he is meant to love her and she just says she has to leave. (character changes)**
I might change the challenge that the King Janaka sets forth for the men to do in order to marry his daughter
i like the bow in the Parashurama story, going to keep that
i liked the story of rama and sita’s wedding, but i will probably go into more detail about sita and how she looks (every bride would appreciate) ((character adjust bc of my character change))
okay so since i am going to make the all of the sons, daughters… i don’t know what i am going to do about the whole, picking a son to be the heir of Dasharatha. ******
i guess make it about them picking the heir for his wives and then the roles will be switched and not that it would be in the story, but whoever they married would be king?
so the following episodes about the couple picking the heir would have to be changed completely, but I mean i will keep the general storyline obviously*
so Dasharatha will send a daughter into exile, and then instead of going without question like the son does in the real story, I’ll make her give him attitude like any daughter would do if their father exiled her.
I like the crossing the river episode when they leave and abandon their royal attire and acquire dreadlocks showing the change
I can’t decide i might in some way some how try and make Dasharatha’s death to be seen in a positive light not so negative. that’s just because I like happy endings, but the whole karma episode is right, so I haven’t decided.

Bibliography
Public Domain Ramayana, link to the reading online



The four couples are married. Image Source: Blogspot.



1 comment:

  1. Hey Emma,

    I like what youre doing with the story. I like that you change the fate of the character to possibly leaving instead of accepting this man's love. Sometimes in life the story ends in heartbreak instead of two people joining hands and walking into the sunset. I think youre doing a fantastic job at making this story into something really good. Also changing the challenge could be a good idea. It will add another angle to the story that the original write did not think of.

    ReplyDelete