Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Reading Notes: Public Domain Ramayana Part B

Public Domain Ramayana. Link to reading.


I think I want to change the scene of the funeral. I again want to make it a more positive situation. Obviously, its a funeral and it will be sad, but I could add in maybe some positive comments from the (Queen’s) (husbands) and make the whole experience seem a little less painful and dark.
I don’t know if I want to alter the scene where Bharata tells Rama to come home and he says no
Rama (girl) could give Bharata a ring or piece of jewelry instead of sandals
I really liked the scene with Rama defeating the demon and the demon going to heaven after he is freed.
I like when Rama makes it clear to Shurpanakha that he loves Sita and would not leave her, I might want to focus on this part of the story and elaborate
Also the next part when the rakshasa goes to get her brothers and then Lakshmana cuts her ears off and then her brothers try to get revenge and fail I could focus on those 2 parts
Maybe change her ears getting cut off for something else (also she will be a man)
I love the part where Rama wins the battle with the demons and Sita comes out to kiss him and everything, but since I decided I wanted to switch the gender roles, it would be a little out of character for a woman to win a battle like that and her husband coming out like she had just saved him. (not that that couldn’t happen I am a woman, but for the story's sake I mean, I like the traditional man saving his woman and winning a battle, you know?) So I am not sure what I want to do about the plot of that part of the story
I like the drama of the deer scene, but I might want to change it a bit maybe instead of a deer something else
Him being able to mimic Rama’s voice is definitely something I want to keep if I choose this part of the story
But I’m thinking I want to focus on the first parts of this section
I like the intensity that is arising as Ravana is taking Sita and tries to seduce her

Rama Rejects Shurpanakha. Image Source: Blogspot.

No comments:

Post a Comment