Friday, January 20, 2017

Reading Options

I am choosing to read the Public Domain Edition: Ramayana. The main reason I chose this version is because it includes illustrations where as the other version does not. I am a visual learner, and pictures really help me to understand material I am reading in any scenario.
The pictures on the Indian Epics Images page were not familiar to me, but I find them very interesting.
Image Source: Bhishma and Yudhishthira. In this scene from the Razmnama (a version of the Mahabharata translated into Persian; this manuscript is a version by Da'ud, 1598), Bhishma tells Yudhishthira the story of the King Brahmadatta and the bird Pujani

I was drawn to this picture because of the coloring. A lot of the photos on that page use bright colors and intense shades, which are things that usually stand out. But since this photo differed form them, my eyes were attracted to it.

I am very interested in religion. I do not know much about Islam, and even less about Buddhism and Hinduism. The only religious text I have read is the Bible. But religion all together has always been extremely interesting to me and I would love to learn more about the beliefs of the people of India.

No comments:

Post a Comment