Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Week 2 Story Planning: Ramayana

i will switch up the roles and make Dasharatha’s sons into 4 daughters, as of now I am going to keep the men’s names the same for the women I create, but I might also just pick 4 completely new (girl) names too
i could make the horrible woman Thataka a man (again switching roles) making the battle seem more intimidating, but then the 4 princesses defeat the horrible man!! I am for sure doing that.
I could make Gautama curse Ahalya to cat or another animal so that she is still alive but can’t communicate to anyone. ( i would say a worse curse than being a rock because at least you’re a rock and can’t have thoughts or feelings ) I am going to make her a house cat.
I really liked the poem about Ahalya, I’m not sure what I want to do with it, but I definitely want to put a focus on it in some way 
I love the story of Rama and Sita, I might change up the ended of the scene where Rama tells her he is meant to love her and she just says she has to leave. (character changes)**
i like the bow in the Parashurama story, going to keep that
i liked the story of rama and sita’s wedding, but i will go into more detail about sita (in my story queen *Rama*) and how she looks (every bride would appreciate) ((character adjust bc of my character change))
Dasharatha (queen version) will pick a daughter to become the next queen, Rama.
so the following episodes about the couple picking the heir would have to be changed completely, but I mean i will keep the general storyline obviously*
so Dasharatha will send a daughter into exile, and then instead of going without question like the son does in the real story, I’ll make her give him attitude like any daughter would do if their father exiled her.
I like the crossing the river episode when they leave and abandon their royal attire and acquire dreadlocks showing the change
I can’t decide i might in some way some how try and make Dasharatha’s death to be seen in a positive light not so negative. that’s just because I like happy endings, but the whole karma episode is right, so I haven’t decided.

King Dasharatha- (Queen Dasharatha) I’m going to keep his character the same, and give my version as a queen the same kind of image he had
Dasharatha’s Sons- (Dasharatha’s daughters)
Rama- 394th name of Vishnu, princess, more sassy, girly, but respected favorite character
Bharata- noble, mature for her age
Lakshmana- very close with Rama, sees her in exile, serves
Shatrughna- very close with Bharata, (similar relationship as Lakshmana and Rama have) 

The 7 Kandas of Ramayana. Image Source: Templepurohit.

Bibliography
Public Domain Ramayana. Link to reading.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Emma,

    You have a bunch of wonderful ideas. I actually was story planning this past week as well, so it'll be great to see what you come up with. You mentioned you liked the story about Ahalaya but don't know what to do with it. When I read that, I thought maybe it would be cool if you took a more modern twist, or maybe change up the fact that she turned into a stone into something else. It seems like you have a lot of concrete ideas, and I am looking forward to seeing your final story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emma,

    I really like how you decided to change the story in the ways you did. I think some of these stories may be difficult to make a story into and I think its awesome you have the creativity to make the story into something great. I also agree with you about making it a positive endings because I also like the better endings. You could somehow make a moral to the story about his death. That through loss one day brings more room for new life tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like where you are going with the planning of your story and think it will be very interesting - if you do decide to write it. The fact that you want to switch genders / roles will also be a good twist to the story, adding a different element / perspective to it.

    ReplyDelete