Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Storybook Favorites



Hello,

Here are my 3 favorite storybooks from The Storybook list of Indian Epics!


When Love Confesses

The topic of love is something I think we are all at least somewhat familiar with at this age. The title of this story suits it because the reader already knows by looking at the title that the story will be about love. The introduction to this story did an exceptional job of getting my attention. I like how the whole thing started out with dialogue, it made me interested to read more and see what happened. The design of the pages is simple and clear which made it easy to navigate the site. I found this picture of the two interesting and beautiful.

Rama and Sita. Source: Google Sites.


Tales of Love

This story caught my attention because the student discussed love stories and offered 3 different endings, giving the reader the option to explore different situations love causes. I think the title is broad, but it works because the storybook includes different stories! The introduction is helpful. The student clearly states what the reader can expect. I think the introduction is a bit wordy, but other than that, the design and set up of the storybook is clear and straight forward. I like the manner in which the student broke down the information into the different pages.



Zoo Animal History

I was intrigued by this story because I am an animal lover! (Although I came to find that wasn't exactly what the story was about). I also enjoyed the introduction of this story. I thought it was interesting how the author started off by introducing herself as the tour guide on a trolley. It was informal and friendly, just as a real tour of the zoo would be! The organization of the story is great. The only thing I would change about this storybook is the font that the author used. Although it looks appealing for titles, it was a little distracting having to read multiple paragraphs of text with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment